Thomson DVD Drive will not open, even after replacing the Belt

[Released: 2001] The Xbox was Microsoft's first video game console after collaborating with Sega to port Windows CE to the Dreamcast console and was the first console offered by an American company after the Atari Jaguar stopped sales in 1996.

/xbox
Corporate

Thomson DVD Drive will not open, even after replacing the Belt

Post by /xbox »

I have a Thomson DVD drive in my 1.4 XBOX that just will not open/eject. The usual fix is to replace the belt, which I have done. I have also tried many different belts, ranging in size from 18mm-20mm diameter. Each time I changed a belt, I guided the disc tray back-and-forth along the rails to ensure that the belt was running smooth along with the gears. Once everything is put back together, pressing eject just gives me a series of green flashes. If I leave a disc inside the drive, it boots up and plays normally without any hiccups. If I eject the drive after loading xbmc4gamers, the spinning CD in the upper right corner disappears after hitting eject, but the tray just will not come out. I've been fiddling with belts for two days now, so I am thinking the problem has to be elsewhere. Does anyone have any other ideas on why this drive just refuses to open?

submitted by /u/dvotecollector
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Xbox Forum”