I am having a sudden rush of nostalgia and I am looking for a particular game on the NES, please help

[Released: 1983] The best-selling gaming console of its time. With the NES, Nintendo introduced a now-standard business model of licensing third-party developers, authorizing them to produce and distribute software for Nintendo's platform.

/nes
Corporate

I am having a sudden rush of nostalgia and I am looking for a particular game on the NES, please help

Post by /nes »

So it might have been like 30 years ago, I was a young guy and my parents didn't have much money to buy me video games, so I was saving for an NES / Famicom. So what I did was, I was walking to a store nearby which used to have a - Nintendo M82 Kiosk Store Display - with the 12 games. I still remember, it included games like Super Mario Bross, Duck Hunt, Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. The only problem was, you had only a few seconds to play and then it would reset.
There was ony particular game there which I can't seem to find anymore. It was a sword / axe fighting game, a side scroller and you were able from the very beginning when you started the game, to walk to the left and pick up a sword or a axe, don't remember anymore and then continue your journey to the right.
I don't even think I was able to play more due to the system resetting every few seconds.
Can anybody pinpoint the game for me? Thank you!

submitted by /u/lucana99
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Nintendo Entertainment System Forum”