Update with my HD+ Console but still need some advice troubleshooting

[Released: 2001] The Xbox was Microsoft's first video game console after collaborating with Sega to port Windows CE to the Dreamcast console and was the first console offered by an American company after the Atari Jaguar stopped sales in 1996.

/xbox
Corporate

Update with my HD+ Console but still need some advice troubleshooting

Post by /xbox »

Hello again everyone. I wanted to thank those that offered some advice on my last post, yall are really helpful!
I do have several good news! The console lives. Turns out when I removed my open xenium chip the console attempted to boot normally. Reseated it and it seems like it's working fine now.
There's still the issue of "overheating". Now when you boot the console into XblastOS or the open xenium menu you get about 30-60 seconds of use before it kills video and flashes the orange ring of light again. I felt the chips. Examined the board and I cant find any shorts anywhere. Anyone here think I should say screw it and replace the ADM1032 chip?
I also installed LCD mod and I wanted to ask the opinion of those whom also used Ryzees lcd mod that uses an arduino to drive the regular compliant display. In this guide he shows thr arduino being connected to the mod chip bus and the mod chip itself. However both of them say optional. Does this mean you can use both at the same time or does he mean you can use one or the other? I tested it with both and it seems functional. I gotta figure out where I can turndown the contrast in software but it's working. Unfortunately I can't get to a dashboard soon enough to see what twmps it's reading but i did redo the thermal paste just incase it wasn't good enough but it made no difference.
So if anyone who had to deal with a console that seems like it wants to work but thinks its over heating lemme know how it went repair wise for you. Admittedly I'm stumped. Everything works except for whatever is wrong with the temperature system. Thank you all in advance.

submitted by /u/ViolentLambs
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Xbox Forum”