SNES battery replacement

[Released: 1990] The SNES was the best-selling console of the 16-bit era despite its relatively late start and the fierce competition it faced. The console was able to run some of the first three-dimensional video games on consoles, beginning with Star Fox.

/snes
Corporate

SNES battery replacement

Post by /snes »

So, I recently got Super Metroid for my SNES, and played it a few times before it stopped saving. Since this seems to obviously be a issue of the save battery going out, I'm looking to replace it. I myself don't know how to solder, but my brother has a trusted friend who is very experienced in soldering.
I plan on having them do the soldering for me, but none of us have experience replacing SNES batteries. I've seen some recommendations for batteries, but many of the ones on Amazon are noted to not fit right and require bending or shifting, possibly ruining it. This isn't something I'd like to make my soldering friend try, so does anyone have recommendations for a place and brand to purchase the replacement battery? I'm considering console5 after some good recommendations, and I see they have a Panasonic branded battery with pre soldered tabs, but I wanted to make sure that is was exactly what I needed before I bothered buying it. Any help is appreciated

submitted by /u/LittleC34
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Super Nintendo Forum”