Taskbar disappeared after updates

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Taskbar disappeared after updates

Post by /RaspberryPi »

What title says. I had not updated raspberry pi for some time and I did it yesterday. After logging from vnc I noticed that taskbar was missing. I tried some commands I found on threads with similar issues but nothing worked. Today I run "sudo rm -r ~/ .config/lxpanel" and rebooted, but after that I could not login with pi user. I also tried via ssh(putty) and I got a message that said something like directory is missing, (I can't remember exactly what was the message right now) and I assumed that user pi directory is missing or not accessible. Luckily, I changed the sd card with another one which had an older installation. At this time I don't have a card reader to flash or just view contents on the primary sd card. Any ideas of what is happening?

P.S:
  • Also I tried
sudo nano /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE-pi/autostart
and the two lines below existed
u/lxpanel --profile LXDE-pi
u/pcmanfm --desktop --profile LXDE-pi
  • I could also access "Preferences" > "Appearance Settings" because trash desktop icon was there.
I changed taskbar size and position from that options but didn't solve the problem.

submitted by /u/ganja7
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”