Green glitchy looking screen when booting?

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Green glitchy looking screen when booting?

Post by /RaspberryPi »

I’m trying to get my Pi 4 booted for the first time. I’m encountering some sort of display issue. I’ve imaged a fresh copy of retropie and gone through the text config file and uncommented the hdmi boost, overscan, and hot plug. When I turn it on, it gives me the rainbow screen, then eventually it goes to a screen where about 80% of the screen is just flickering green glitchyness like an arcade machine, and I can see a list of “okâ€￾’s to the side, then they disappear and all that’s left is a green glitchy flickering screen. I’ve been trying to find anything talking about this and I can’t find anything. I’ve waited a good bit to see if it boots, and after about 10 minutes of waiting (twice now) I still haven’t gotten anything.
Update: I’ve now tried swapping around my cables and moving hdmis, and now I’ve gotten it to not be glitchy, but it’s still just showing a green screen.

submitted by /u/Flame_008
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”