Newish to Linux - Raspbian Pi4 grabbing old updates?

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Newish to Linux - Raspbian Pi4 grabbing old updates?

Post by /RaspberryPi »

I have been messing around with Linux and raspberry pi's primarily for Homebridge (smart home software) for a few months now. Limited to no experience w Linux prior to that.
I'm having a super odd issue with my whole environment. I am constantly getting notifications that updates are available to install, but they all appear to be very old update versions. I ran sudo apt-get update hoping that would grab the newest updates, but this screen doesn't change.
This is a problem for a multitude of reasons, but specifically with my Homebridge environment. When the Pi installs these updates, it knocks my Homebridge version from 1.5.0 to 1.0.28, and then all the backups and everything I had saved get deleted and reverted back to July 14th.
I went back on my browser history for July 14th and I was looking for scripts that would run in the background that would automatically apply new updates when they became available, but got distracted and forgot where I left off (I know, HUGE rookie mistake).
Has anyone else experienced something like this? Is there a way to see any poorly written scripts or activity that might be causing this?

THANKS!!!

submitted by /u/asander85
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”