OTG cables - some reviews

[Released: 2019] The PlayStation Classic is a dedicated video game console by Sony Interactive Entertainment that emulates games originally released on its 1994 PlayStation console.

/psxclassic
Corporate

OTG cables - some reviews

Post by /psxclassic »

Hello people, I'm testing some OTG for PSC.
I found them on Italian Amazon and I decided to test some because with the recommended Suyama I had stability and reboot problems.
When I plug my OTG, and power up my PSC, it boots into STOCK UI. Then if I press the POWER BUTTON the PSC reboots into USB. Then if I switch the PSC off, it goes again into STOCK UI REBOOTING THE WHOLE PSC. I never power modded the PSC.
I use SanDisk UltraFit 32/64/128GB USB with different packages [MagnusRC or some other custom made...but even a simple AutoBleem would behave that way]. I tried several different microUSB cables and power supplies.
Let's start from the Suyama. This is the first one I bought, as recommended here in another topic.
SUYAMA USB OTG #1 - 4 ports hub
It's a nice one, with 4 ports, but it makes my PSC reboot as described above. I don't know why. Maybe because of its internal chip? Maybe because it hasn't a switch to choose between Charge & OTG [will talk about it later]. Obviously I tried every single port, every USB I have. Same as above. Returned to Amazon.
SUYAMA USB OTG #2 - 3 ports hub
Another Suyama "Micro Usb HUB Adaptor with Power", it's a 3 port adapter. Same reboot problem as above. It has a switch to choose Charge Mode or OTG Mode. I get the reboot problem in both modes. There's a sticker on the package: "Avoid connecting with fast charger - Make sure the output of the charger is 5V (4.7-5.3V)/2A. The chip inside the hub will be BURNED OUT if the Voltage>5.3V"
Again a nice OTG, again returned to Amazon. It's a shame. It is very well made.

AUVIPAL 2-in1 - single adapter
Pack of 2, worth the buy if you have 2 PSCs or another console or buy with a friend :) It's a nice cable, but SOMETIMES it gave me the reboot problem. I decided to return it to Amazon.

CABLECC ANGLED OTG - single adapter
EUREKA! IT WORKS! Unbelievable! A single chinese low cost angled OTG works PROPERLY with all of my USBs, all of my power supplies, all of my cables! No reboot! I will keep it! And since it's plugged behind the PSC, with a SanDisk Ultra Fit USB it's INVISIBLE! If I connect my USB, PSC will load what it's in the USB. If I unplug it, it boots into stock UI. Package comes with a left one and a right one. I will keep both because miniNES and miniSNES use the right one. Anyway I don't ask Amazon a refund for just 7 euro!

CABLECC OTG - 3 ports hub
Another surprise...a chinese no brand low cost OTG works flawlessly! No reboot, no strange behaviour...nothing! It has a switch for Charge Mode and OTG Mode, and PSC reboots only in OTG Mode. Well, I'll keep it in Charge Mode! I'm waiting for a WiFi dongle, so my test will be complete. Up to now I'm satisifed with this CableCC.
Hope this long and boring post can help who's looking for OTG. Thanks for reading, any suggestion is appreciated. If you want me to test some ready made USB packages please let me know!
Ciao!

submitted by /u/nicolejudithridgway
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “PlayStation Classic Forum”