[Help] How to install dropbox on a raspberry pi with autosync and picture slideshow

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

[Help] How to install dropbox on a raspberry pi with autosync and picture slideshow

Post by /RaspberryPi »

Hello everyone, im currently working on a projekt with a raspberry pi 4. Where im trying to make it compatible with dropbox. The end goal is to have the raspberry connected to a projetor in a lobby, which will display images that are automatically updated and added through dropbox. If i add or remove images in my dropbox webb interface the images that are on a set up automatic "slideshow" should be added or removed acordingly.
Ive been following this guide: https://howchoo.com/pi/how-to-install-d ... spberry-pi
Everything has been working up until the automation. When i manually type " rclonesync --first-sync dropbox:/Mystuff ~/dropbox" in the command line the images do sync between my webb dropbox and dropbox folder on the raspberry. But.. When im in trying to configure the crontab -e autorun skript through nano: " * * * * * /usr/local/bin/rclonesync dropbox:/MyStuff/ ~/dropbox/ ". Nothing updates automatically.
My rclonesync folder: /usr/local/bin/rclonesync
My dropbox folder: /home/admin/dropbox
Do i have the wrong path? Do i have to make a bash file from scratch?
Thx, in advance

submitted by /u/Leonardomemester
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”