Tiny vent about "affordable" bundles

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Tiny vent about "affordable" bundles

Post by /RaspberryPi »

Tldr: Sour about the amount of bundles available for Raspberry Pi's but no boards available for purchases.
So today my friend asked me where he can buy a Raspberry Pi. Initially I thought wow how lazy, couldive just Googled it.
Then I went to all the supplier (South Africa) and what do you know none of them has any stock of any of the boards. So a quick scroll on the Facebook and I saw one of the suppliers mentioned that they don't have any stock due to the chip shortage.
Fair enough, but the problem here is that they are all stocked up on started bundles. All the bundles are between 2-4 times the asking price of a the board alone.
So clearly there are stock, but they are all bought up in bulk and bundled up with a few bucks worth of electronics and slapped with a fat markup.
Couldn't help but feel that this was not the vision Pi foundation had, and made a once wonderful and affordable product into a up for grabs middle man money making scheme. Honestly sad.

submitted by /u/RubyOnRailsOP
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”