Getting ReadyMedia-transcode to work on RaspberryPi

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Getting ReadyMedia-transcode to work on RaspberryPi

Post by /RaspberryPi »

I am new to the world of RaspberryPi / Linux and I need to help understanding the instructions here.
I was running minidlna and it was working successfully serving my media to my network. However I needed to transcode the audio of some files to work on my TV, it only supports AC3 or MP3.
I found this tool, but do not know how to install and use it. ReadyMedia-Transcode, bitbucket
1) Do I need the official Minidlna installed as well? The reason I am asking is because sometimes depending on which parameters I ran and which conf file I was pointing too the name of the media server would be different. Hence why I feel like there might be some conflict between the two. I tried to remove the official minidlna but now nothing works. So with a clean slate I was wondering how I should proceed.

2) After following the instructions in the README, how do I actually start the program? Like Below? How would I also get it to boot on startup? I know you say editing the conf file, then what? How to you start the program, confirm its starting, how can you reset it to force a rescan of media or to use the update configuration file?
pi@raspberrypi:~/readymedia-transcode $ minidlnad -f minidlna.conf 3) What do I need to update in the minidlna.conf file. For example my TV only supports AC3 or MP3 audio stream, would my config file look something like this? Is the syntax and path correct?
pi@raspberrypi:~/readymedia-transcode $ cat minidlna.conf #Audio Section transcode_audio_codecs=all transcode_audio_transcoder=/usr/local/share/minidlna/transcodescripts/transcode_audio #Video Section transcode_video_containers= transcode_video_codecs=vp8/theora/flv/flv1/svq3 transcode_video_transcoder= #Image Section transcode_image=png/gif/tif/tiff/cr2/nef/pef transcode_image_transcoder= My Transcoding Script
ffmpeg -ss $STARTPOSITION -t $DURATION -i "$SOURCE" -loglevel quiet -acodec libmp3lame -f ac3 -ar 44100 -ab 224k pipe:1 I would really love some help.

submitted by /u/ItsAHabibiTing
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”