Could anyone here help me devise a way to reprogram an old landline phone so that it can play pre-recorded messages?

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Could anyone here help me devise a way to reprogram an old landline phone so that it can play pre-recorded messages?

Post by /RaspberryPi »

I apologize if this isn't the correct place to post this, but my thinking is that a raspberry pi would be the best method of doing this...
I have been collecting voicemails (with consent of course) from strangers across the country for a couple of years now. I'd like to bring a physical dimension to this little project by designing a landline phone that can be picked up, put against your ear, and used to listen to these anonymous voicemails. Ideally, a few of the buttons could be reprogramed for simple controls like "play" and "next." The phone does not need to serve any purpose beyond playing these messages.
I've done some research on this, but can't seem to find any vintage phone-build projects out there that are similar enough to what I am hoping to do. The style or era of the phone/answering machine doesn't totally matter, although I think it might be the most fluid if it was a phone with a built-in machine like this one.
If anyone has any interest in helping me with this project please comment, message, or start a chat with me. Thank you so much!

submitted by /u/ccbax
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”