Scalebound, exclusive for Xbox One canceled. Whats next?

[Released: 2013] Moving away from its predecessor's PowerPC-based architecture, the Xbox One marks a shift back to the x86 architecture used in the original Xbox; it features an AMD Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) built around the x86-64 instruction set.

JackD105

Scalebound, exclusive for Xbox One canceled. Whats next?

Post by JackD105 »

Scalebound was a new action RPG exclusive announced at E3 2014. Being an Xbox One owner and primarily playing new games on it, this leaves me disappointed. Especially looking over the fence at the competition, Playstation has The Last of Us 2, Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5, Persona 5, and more to follow. What do I, as an Xbox One owner get to look forward to? Halo, Gears, and Forza. With the exception of Sea of Thieves, Microsoft is heavily relying on these three titles to keep their exclusives strong. But this isn't enough to combat the constant new exclusives Playstation puts out. Also being an owner of a Ps3, many of these new exclusives almost put me over the edge of purchasing a PS4 because of the exclusives they have to offer. Don't get me wrong, the Xbox one is still a great console to play on. The controller itself has to be the best I've used since the Gamecube, and the backwards compatibility is something that can make a person sway towards xbox since they can play their 360 games on their Xbox one. But something has to change within Microsoft's IPs. They can't rely on putting out Halo, Gears, and Forza every year or fans will start to get bored and want to move on. Sea of Thieves looks like a great, immersive cooperative game, but Xbox is lacking on exclusive single player strong games. I was definitely looking forward to Scalebound, the trailers were very promising. But in the end, Microsoft is going to have to invest heavily in new IPs, before their competition overpowers them greatly in that field.

Return to “Xbox One Forum”