SMS Pause Button Mod Issues

[Released: 1985] One of the most unusual features of the Sega Master System is its dual media inputs: one cartridge slot and one card slot. The card slot accepted small cards about the size of a credit card.

/markiiisystem
Bustin' Moves

SMS Pause Button Mod Issues

Post by /markiiisystem »

I recently decided to do the pause button mod for my Master System and I've been having some issues with the whole thing. I've noticed the Pause and Reset buttons on the console itself no longer function with the mod installed and I'm not sure if that's normal behavior.
The other issue I'm having is that the Pausing doesn't seem to work like it should. It only seems to work if I've hit left or right on the Dpad first and then press the Select button on the hyperkin NES controller I have wired (with appropriate diodes) to act as Pause (wired as left/right together). It's the same for unpausing the game. I have to hit Left or Right before I can unpause the game with the Select button.
I'm not sure what I've done to screw it up at this point. Any suggestions? I used a kit I got from RetroGamerAndBackups off etsy. Thanks in advance for any help.

submitted by /u/GothamAnswer
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Master System Forum”