NESC gets C6 error about Unusable Suspend Point when adding new NES ROMs

[Released: 2016] Licensed miniature replica NES that includes a static library of 30 built-in games supporting save states.

/classicNES
Bustin' Moves

NESC gets C6 error about Unusable Suspend Point when adding new NES ROMs

Post by /classicNES »

But the console has zero Suspend Points saved on it.
I've used USB HOST for my NESC since it came out the box last year. Added a healthy amount of NES ROMs this way, so no new games are synced on the console. Recently I took the plunge and installed RetroArch and mGBA so that I could run GameBoy/Color games. All that worked flawlessly.
Now I'm trying to add some more NES ROMs. But no matter how I try, the system will not launch the newly added NES ROMs. When assigned to the default emulator, I get the C6 error. When assigned to Nestopia (which I had also installed for another prior game), it launches to a black screen and kicks back to the NESC home screen. All the older NES ROMs that I added prior to the RA/mGBA install still work fine. Adding more GameBoy games works perfectly fine. Trying to add more NES ROMs results in only those newly added NES games not working.
I'm at a complete loss as to what is going on. I've tried other USB sticks. Freshly unzipped Hakchi folder. Even the stock NESC Settings menu "reset" option. Nothing so far as made new NES ROMs playable. ----I also noticed that Hakchi is failing to auto-assign new NES ROMs to the default emulator (when I assume it used to). On my SNESC, also with mGBA installed, any SNES ROMs added there do get auto-assigned to the default emulator.----
Even a completely new Hakchi installation, exported 3 new games to a blank USB stick results in the same non-playable outcome of those new games.
Anybody got any ideas what is wrong?

submitted by /u/ThruMy4Eyes
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “NES Classic Edition Forum”