TurboGrafx 16-CD Dock problem?

The CD-ROM² is an add-on attachment for the PC Engine that was released in Japan in 1988 and allows the core versions of the console to play PC Engine games in CD-ROM format in addition to standard HuCards. This made the PC Engine the first video game console to use CD-ROMs as a storage media.

/turboG16
Bustin' Moves

TurboGrafx 16-CD Dock problem?

Post by /turboG16 »

Hello guys, just got my Turbografx Cd unit but I'm having a problem and need some help diagnosing. The Cd unit itself just got repaired and seems to work great, but the dock or system card maybe is having some issues. When I play the games I can watch all of the intro cut scenes to games like Y's and Red Alert with no problems, but as soon as I try to start the game they all crash in the exact same spot every time, it's different for each game. For example My copy of JB harold is mint as can be and has the same issue, I leave the police station and when I try to go anywhere else the game just never loads and the music keeps playing. Wondering if anyone can help out. Hucard games run fine on it, and nuetopia is able to save and then load the save no problem. Thank you!

submitted by /u/AccountNo9011
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “CD-ROM²/Super CD-ROM²/Arcade CD-ROM² Forum”