Nintendo Store Lying About Refurbished?

[Released: 2011] The 3DS is similar to the DS, but is capable of projecting stereoscopic 3D effects without the use of 3D glasses or additional accessories. A redesigned "XL" version of the console was also released.

/3ds
Corporate

Nintendo Store Lying About Refurbished?

Post by /3ds »

Hey yall, I just bought a "refurbished" New 3DS XL off store.nintendo.com and I'm certain the unit is brand new! There were no scuffs, dust, anything... even the nub feet on the underside of the unit are flawless. To me this makes perfect sense, we're at the end of a very long run of a mass produced consumer electronics good. You would expect that there would be some amount of unshipped units left over at this point, that's how bulk production works; if you don't have an oversupply you have an under-supply and you don't want that! Obviously Nintendo can't undercut the retail sales chain by offering new units for sale on their website at low prices so they advertise it as refurbished and hope to blow through a bunch of the pallets left over in their warehouses.
Obviously there's no guarantee, and maybe I just lucked out... but I strongly recommend buying a Nintendo Store "refurbished" over retail new, ebay used, or god forbid; Gamestop refurbished right now.

submitted by /u/hubec
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “3DS Forum”