Portable Monitors for TG16 Mini?

[Released: 2020] Dedicated home video game console by Konami modeled on NEC's TurboGrafx-16, which was designed by Hudson Soft and emulates the original console's 16-bit hardware. Half the size of the original, it can support two controllers out of box.

/turboG16
Bustin' Moves

Portable Monitors for TG16 Mini?

Post by /turboG16 »

Anyone have experience using one of those tablet-like portable monitors with the mini systems?
I purchased this one:
https://www.amazon.ca/HONGO-Portable-Computer-1920%C3%971080-Protector/dp/B086VFKWBB
Unfortunately it wouldn't work with the TG16 Mini, saying it wasn't supported, so I have to return it. It's marketed as being compatible with Xbox One, PS4, and Switch, so I figured it's a no-brainer and should work, right? Apparently not. My guess is the circuitry doesn't allow for displaying a 720p input on its 1080p display. I don't know a ton about modern devices, but I thought HDMI was supposed to be universal. I tested it with my PC's HDMI output and it worked, so it's obviously not a defect, just incompatibility somehow.
Has anyone tried other portable monitors and had success? I'm sure these aren't the greatest for gaming but I'm really not that bothered about latency or refresh rates. As long as it works well and the picture is decent, I'd be happy. The main reason I want one is because my girlfriend uses a projector at her place which is obviously no good for daytime use. I also figure it would just be fun to have a compact gaming setup I could bring anywhere.
If anyone has any experience or recommendations, I appreciate it!

submitted by /u/kirbenvost
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “TurboGrafx-16 Mini Forum”