It seems 3rd party adaptors are less likely to fry your mini than official ones do?

[Released: 2020] Dedicated home video game console by Konami modeled on NEC's TurboGrafx-16, which was designed by Hudson Soft and emulates the original console's 16-bit hardware. Half the size of the original, it can support two controllers out of box.

/turboG16
Bustin' Moves

It seems 3rd party adaptors are less likely to fry your mini than official ones do?

Post by /turboG16 »

So I have had this Giotek 3rd party adaptor for about as long as the NES classic first came out, if anything the degrading box goes by... as their was no official ones available until the SNES classic came out years passed and I was excited to hear a Coregrafx mini was being made available so I got one around June 14th and then I read about the warnings of certain amps of adaptors causing issues with the controller ports (To be honest I am having more issues with the AD DC port than this but that's for another time) and was weary of using my Energizer adaptor which was the only one powerful enough to charge my Neo Geo mini and the official SNES one for my Nintendo classics.
So I tried a last resort on using my 3rd party one as I haven't heard anyone confirm it could or wasn't possible to run the Coregrafx mini and to my amazement it worked fine as you see below...
https://imgur.com/a/5fVSPDY
It says this on the back of the plug
INPUT: AC 100-240V
150mA 50/60Hz
OUTPUT: DC 5V===1A
You may have found this odd as it normally would say 5.0V 1.0A but I persume it's the same meaning so if you keep this info for further reference you should be able to run it.

submitted by /u/Richardragon87
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “TurboGrafx-16 Mini Forum”