Duo-R CD Side issues Help.

The CD-ROM² is an add-on attachment for the PC Engine that was released in Japan in 1988 and allows the core versions of the console to play PC Engine games in CD-ROM format in addition to standard HuCards. This made the PC Engine the first video game console to use CD-ROMs as a storage media.

/turboG16
Bustin' Moves

Duo-R CD Side issues Help.

Post by /turboG16 »

I recently acquired a Duo-R system with no accessories, just a set of AV cables. I sourced out a compatible power supply and tested with a PCE controller from a different system.
While the HUcard side works fine and good audio, Im running into issues on the CD side. When I attempt to start a CD based game (Ive tested both the Sailor Moon Cd and a copy of GotzenDiener< both retail games, not burns) I get bad audio buzzing and vertical bars rolling up the screen until i get "Please Set Disc" message.
What should i be looking at? I dont see anything off hand leaking from caps (Tho ive read the Duo-R's are less of an issue?) Should i try just replacing the laser outright? Im going to attach a vid of what im seeing, maybe some of you more experienced users can extend some thoughts?
Many thanks in advance!
https://reddit.com/link/htpkol/video/16ii8nwfzob51/player

submitted by /u/Shadablade
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “CD-ROM²/Super CD-ROM²/Arcade CD-ROM² Forum”