Damaged Cartridge

[Released: 1996] The console's design was revealed to the public for the first time in late Spring 1994. The N64 console was frequently marketed as the world's first 64-bit gaming system and sold 500,000 units in North America during its first four months.

/n64
Corporate

Damaged Cartridge

Post by /n64 »

Hey guys, I have a few games that were water damaged due to a basement flood and one of them is Paper Mario, seeing how its a 100 bucks nowadays, I wanted to ask for advice on how I can attempt to fix it before needing a replacement, I’ve tried cleaning everything inside with some basic rubbing alcohol and I also replaced the metal parts inside with another cartridge because there was a little bit of rust on them. Other than that, the pins have very limited rusting if any and I own a lot of other games that are in worse conditions in terms of rusting and still work.
The screen will flicker and then go into a green/red tinted screen and won’t actually load so that makes me believe that my n64 is either not registering the game or the actual motherboard might be broken? (Hopefully not the latter, my n64 does the green tinted screen if it fails to read a cartridge, usually can be fixed by either a slight tilt or just giving the pins a clean)

submitted by /u/Drunk_Psyduck
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Nintendo 64 Forum”