Re: NES Classic Edition

[Released: 2016] Licensed miniature replica NES that includes a static library of 30 built-in games supporting save states.

NintendoLife
Corporate

Re: NES Classic Edition

Post by NintendoLife »

@DarthNocturnal I see a lot of people just short of betting their right arm on the next Mini being a Game Boy, but personally, I think that's HIGHLY unlikely. Considering the proportions of the Minis, the screen will be even smaller than that of the Game Boy Micro, and the controls would become equally minute, making it all but unplayable.
Seeing as the previous ones were all home consoles, I think the chances of an N64 Mini are FAR more likely, and that will probably be the next Mini, provided that Nintendo actually will release another Mini, because regardless of the success of the current two Minis, that's still no guarantee.
@Lroy hakchi2 CE indeed. Which IS the latest version. It is better, more compatible, has more options and has another couple of advantages over the older version, so when I do find the time, either this coming week or the next, I'm going to give that a go.
I still don't quite understand what you mean with less appealing, since that is of course on one hand also a personal and/or taste thing, and for me personally, the only thing that I noticed, is that it seemed a bit softer, but that can also be the combination of the filter with 8 bit graphics, versus how the filter would display on 16 bit graphics. I would have to hook up the SNES Mini again to see if there actually IS a difference, because there may not be any at all. And I'm sitting just as far away from the screen as with the SNES Mini, thanks to the EXTRA long extension cords I ordered this time, so that also doesn't influence my impression of it.
The best way would probably be to do a side by side, but unfortunately, that's not an option for me, since I only have one HD TV, and only one TV with HDMI inputs. So, the best thing I could do, is just do a comparison by eye, by booting them up, one after the other.
As for the SNES Mini: that's done and dusted. My list is complete, and I'm going to leave all the games on there, so no swapping out for me. All I'll probably do, is update it to hakchi2 CE, but no changes will be made to my games list.
@Yosheel Wireless controllers for retro systems? Blasphemy, absolute blasphemy, I tell you... :P

More...

Return to “NES Classic Edition Forum”