Newcomer: N3DSXL is waaay better than N2DSXL

[Released: 2011] The 3DS is similar to the DS, but is capable of projecting stereoscopic 3D effects without the use of 3D glasses or additional accessories. A redesigned "XL" version of the console was also released.

/3ds
Corporate

Newcomer: N3DSXL is waaay better than N2DSXL

Post by /3ds »

Hey guys!
This is my first post here and I just wanted to share my opinion on these two devices.
First of all around two months ago I decided to buy a brad new "New 2DS XL" as I could'n find any new 3DS devices in any of my local shops (except a pink one which... for a nearly 30 year old man is not very suitable). This is my first DS device ever and I just wanted to get into the Nintendo experience. After playing a couple of games I decided to go the CFW/Homebrew road which made the experience that much better.
Anyway I loved the device and the huge library of great games which I am still yet to play. All the reviews I went trough pointed out some of the benefits of N3DSXL over the 2ds version but I got the impression that they did not matter that much. Last week I found a deal of a used N3DSXL and brought that one as well and OMG.
First of all the display difference is pretty big in my opinion. The 3DS has better colors and I mean noticeably better when going from one device to the other and also a lot less glare in the sun. The 3D looks amazing and gives the games a whole other feeling. And the speakers are a lot lot better as well. And despite being much heavier the 3DS feels a lot more premium. I mean all those things were mentioned in most of the reviews but I think there wasn't enough emphases on them.
My spouse loves playing Tomodachi Life on the N2DSXL and I will continue my Zelda adventure on the N3DSXL. Just wanted to share my thoughts on these two devices and as a last point I would to ask you for some of the best local play games that you can suggest.

Thank you!
P.S.
Oh and also please be kind, English is my second language

submitted by /u/tengambg
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “3DS Forum”