Where to find a MS dual micro-SD adapter that will accept 2x 128GB memory cards? (PSP-1001)

[Released: 2004] The PSP is the only handheld console to use an optical disc format as its primary storage medium. Other distinguishing features of the console include its large viewing screen and robust multi-media capabilities.

/psp
Corporate

Where to find a MS dual micro-SD adapter that will accept 2x 128GB memory cards? (PSP-1001)

Post by /psp »

In the past I had a homebrew PSP that successfully ran with two 128GB micro SD cards and one of the many clone PhotoFast adapters floating around Amazon and eBay and it worked just fine. This time around I have a completely different PSP running 6.61 PRO-C permanent CFW, two high-quality SanDisk 128GB micro SD cards, and I've tried three different PhotoFast adapters to get both cards to be recognized in the PSP.
I started out by taking both micro SD cards and using GUIFormat to format both micro SD cards to FAT32, then formatted each micro SD card in the PSP one at a time, and then attempted to insert both cards at once and format them using the internal format function. I've also connected the PSP directly to my PC and ran Disk Management only to see that the PSP is recognizing one micro SD card at a time and both SD cards work great one at a time, but I have yet to find a proper PhotoFast adapter that will properly accept two micro SD cards at once. I know it's absolutely possible, and a lot of it has to do with the PhotoFast adapters that you use but I cannot find one that will accept both cards at the same time and format them as a single 256GB storage memory card. I've read many different FAQs on getting both cards to run and which ones to look for.
The PhotoFast adapters I've purchased, one was purchased on eBay, the second one was purchased on Amazon from a seller with high feedback ratings, and the third one was actually purchased from AliExpress and was guaranteed to work with cards up to 128GB with no problems and were supposedly pretested before being shipped out...yet for some reason I still can't get my PSP to recognize both micro SD cards in any of the adapters.
Do any of you have advice on where I can purchase a working PhotoFast adapter that can all but guarantee that they will work with dual 128GB micro SD cards in a PSP-1001? I know that all of the adapters at this point have to be clones since it's no longer being produced by the original manufacturer but that doesn't bother me. I just want an adapter that will indeed allow me to format both micro SD cards inside the PSP or some tips I can try to follow and get both cards to work properly in the system? I'd be grateful if anyone has any leads on CR-5400 adapters that have been tested properly to work with cards larger than 32GB or 64GB, or possibly dual 128GB micro SD cards in the console? I'm willing to try anything in order to get a full 256GB amount of storage running on the console. Thanks for any advice or tips that i can use to get both cards running together in the system.
(P.S. When connected to my computer, every time I inserted the memory card it would show the first micro SD card and would only show one bank of micro SD card being shown and no matter what I tried couldn't get any of the adapters to see both memory cards together and would see the first card only every single time...I'm completely stumped). Cheers.

submitted by /u/BadBrent
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “PlayStation Portable Forum”