Chance of Restock?

Discuss anything related to PC Engine, TurboGrafx-16, NEC, Hudson Soft, or TTI.

/turboG16
Bustin' Moves

Chance of Restock?

Post by /turboG16 »

New here, cool to see there's a community for these consoles. I never had any consoles until I was a bit older, but there was an older kid in the neighbourhood who had a Turbografx and I have this distinct memory of staring at it on his TV stand while he was playing some unknown shoot em up, thinking this console I'd never heard of was the coolest thing ever. I was right. :)
Flash forward to today and I'm still a gamer after being heavily into PlayStation and N64 in my teens, though more casual due to time restraints. Definitely still into shoot em ups, Gradius has been a favourite in various formats over the years. The recent mini console trend is right up my alley because it hits that nostalgia while giving a good selection of classics on a format that plays pretty close to the originals, without having to invest a lot of time, effort, money and space to build a retro console collection. So far I've got the NES and SNES with the Genesis on the way. That brings us to Turbografx/PC Engine.
What are the chances that Amazon Japan restocks the Turbografx-16 mini? I found out about it at least a few weeks too late. I live in Canada so the US site won't allow me to preorder at this time, and everything seems to point toward Canada never getting a proper release.
So now I'm wondering if I should just get the Core Grafx so at least I have SOME version of it. I want the Turbografx for the nostalgia since it's the only one I barely experienced as a kid, but despite the more convenient size of the Core Grafx, I think I'm just not as into the look of it. I'm so torn between just going for it for the functionality so I don't end up paying crazy aftermarket prices, or trying to be patient and waiting for the one I really want.
Thoughts? Sorry for the long post but thought I'd give some context on why this is such a debate. Hopefully, one way or another I can start discovering all those unknown classics I missed out on as a kid.

submitted by /u/kirbenvost
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “General Discussion”