Help with sound on a TurboGrafx DUO

Discuss anything related to PC Engine, TurboGrafx-16, NEC, Hudson Soft, or TTI.

/turboG16
Bustin' Moves

Help with sound on a TurboGrafx DUO

Post by /turboG16 »

Hello, I’m in need of some help. I have a TurboGrafx DUO that just recently started having sound problems and then the console quite working completely. I bought a complete SMD cap kit with jail bar mod from console5. I installed it Sunday, I had a few really bad spots the caps leaked and eat some of the board but I was able to save it and none of the spots were for the sound. Four of the caps just fell off from opening it up to give a idea. The console is now back up and running but I still have a sound problem, it has gotten better but it’s still bad. The sound doesn’t work when you first power up the console, it will slowly come in after a few minutes. It has a crackle sound like it has a bad connection that doesn’t stop, the sound will also go up and down by itself. The back ground music will work when it wants to, it works when it first loads a new scene but will stop after 10 seconds or so. The sound effects work and the important talking scenes also work. It has this problem with the hu cards and cd roms. I direct wired rca jacks straight to the board thinking it was in my cord or my connector but it had no effect. Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/turboshee421
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “General Discussion”