PC Engine CD and parallax- good examples and a bit of a tech enquiry

Discuss anything related to PC Engine, TurboGrafx-16, NEC, Hudson Soft, or TTI.

/turboG16
Bustin' Moves

PC Engine CD and parallax- good examples and a bit of a tech enquiry

Post by /turboG16 »

Hey just wondering whether someone could fill me in on this. I know the console wasn’t capable of parallax in the way the SNES and Megadrive were so it was done through tricks like using sprites as background, line scrolling trick, etc.
Basically wanted to know whether even the CD add on was in the same position regarding parallax and if games like Lords of Thunder and Spriggan 2 were in the same position as Hucard games like Coryoon when it came to parallax?
Also if any of you have recommendations on solid games with nice parallax scrolling I’d really appreciate it. Got a decent grasp of this library but still quite new to it and besides shooters and action games I’m a bit limited so branching out a little would be nice, although any decent games with parallax would be appreciated.
I know there are threads explaining the hardware details but they go way over my head and I’m more just curious for a layman’s breakdown of how parallax worked on the basic consoles and the CD add on, if this is possible. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/VietKongCountry
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “General Discussion”