PC Engine games that are fully in English.

Discuss anything related to PC Engine, TurboGrafx-16, NEC, Hudson Soft, or TTI.

/turboG16
Bustin' Moves

PC Engine games that are fully in English.

Post by /turboG16 »

So I am a newcomer who never knew much about the TurboGrafx but am now interested in getting the new mini. I of course plan to hack it like my Genesis mini when such a thing becomes available. After seeing how the small the US consoles games list was I started looking into the Japanese PC Engine games and was surprised to find how many I found were fully in English from start to finish but never released in North America.
I composed this list for myself to help out when it comes time to hack the mini and select new games to add. Since there are probably more than a few other newcomers here I thought I'd share it for them to keep under their hats.

• After Burner II
  • Aldynes (SuperGrafx)
  • Atomic Robo-Kid Special
  • Batman
  • Battle Ace
  • Battle Lode Runner
  • Blue Blink (Title in Japanese with a smaller English title below it)
  • Break In
  • Browning (CD) (All cut-scene subtitles in Japanese but there is an English voice over / credits in Japanese)
  • Champion Wrestler
  • Circus Lido
  • Coryoon - Child of Dragon
  • Cyber Combat Police (Title in Japanese with a smaller English title below it)
  • Darius Plus
  • Dragon Saber
  • Final Blaster
  • Final Soldier
  • Formation Armed F
  • Gomola Speed
  • Gradius
  • Gradius II (CD)
  • Hatris
  • Hawk F-123 (CD)
  • Heavy Unit
  • Hyper Dyne Side Arms Special (CD) (Post Game enemy descriptions in Japanese)
  • Image Fight
  • Legend of Hero Tonma
  • Legion (CD) - Has vocals but in English.
  • Metal Stoker
  • Mr. Heli
  • Override
  • Out Run
  • P-47: The Freedom Fighter
  • Parodius (Bilingual title and one line of Japanese text in the intro before the title)
  • Power Drift
  • Psycho Chaser
  • Rastan Saga 2
  • Rayxanber II (CD)
  • Rayxanber III (CD)
  • Saint Dragon (Bilingual title)
  • Salamander (Bilingual title)
  • Shinobi (Only the Mission names are in Japanese: fits well though given the game is about a Ninja)
  • Skweek
  • Spin Pair
  • Super Darius (CD)
  • Super Raiden (CD)
  • Sylphia (Credits in Japanese)
  • Tatsujin
  • Terra Cresta II
  • Terraforming (CD)
  • The NewZealand Story
  • Thunder Blade
  • Titan
  • Volfied
  • W-Ring - The Double Ring
  • Zipang
I made notes in the for games that have a very minor amount of Japanese and also some have bilingual titles like Salamander, just a Japanese subtitle like Gradius II or worst case scenario, a tiny English subtitle like Blue Blink. If I missed something or got something wrong please tell me.
There are some games that didn't make the list like Altered Beast, Cyber Dodge, Extreme Tiger or Kiki Kaikai where only the title is in Japanese.
Don't forget romhacking.net has many patches for Hu Card and CD games to translate them. There is also an unlisted Street Fighter 2 translation, there is a link in the video description.

submitted by /u/ady159
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “General Discussion”