New to PC Engine - UK User

Discuss anything related to PC Engine, TurboGrafx-16, NEC, Hudson Soft, or TTI.

/turboG16
Bustin' Moves

New to PC Engine - UK User

Post by /turboG16 »

I'm sure similar questions have been asked times before but I skimmed through and actually couldn't see all that much. If anyone wants to not repeat themselves and link me to similar posts then fair enough!
I have many retro consoles but the PC Engine is not one of them and aside from at UK retro events I haven't really had any experience with the console. I certainly don't know too much about them and I would like to!
My problem is that when I invest in something I want the very best, so on that, what would people recommend for a system to get and games for the system? In an ideal scenario I would like to be able to play all games from all regions (including CD games) and have an RGB SCART output for my CRT display.
A separate question I have always wondered, did the PC Engine get a proper UK release at all? I have read something about the CoreGrafx but I never saw one growing up in the 80's and 90's. If there was a 'UK' system and I can get that, then play all games released (I'm sure a mod would be required) then I would probably prefer that.
Open to suggestions though to people much more knowledgeable than me!
Thanks ?

submitted by /u/DaveOwl
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “General Discussion”