TG-16 was my first console.

Discuss anything related to PC Engine, TurboGrafx-16, NEC, Hudson Soft, or TTI.

/turboG16
Bustin' Moves

TG-16 was my first console.

Post by /turboG16 »

Hello, I am new to the whole reddit thing so forgive me if there's already a post about this topic. But who else here had the TurboGrafx as there very first video game console? My mom had purchased one that was CIB along with several games and the TurboBooster also with box. The games we had where Bonk's Adventure, Ninja Spirit, Final Lap Twin, and Deep Blue. The price she paid in 1992??? $20.00 USD.....We still have it too. It ended up being the very first video game system I ever played (with Bonk's Adventure to this day being my favorite game of all time). We did trade Ninja Spirit and Perfect Blue for a couple of Sega Genesis games a few years ago (Comix Zone and Toejam & Earl on Funkatron). But to this very day I still love the TurboGrafx-16 even if it is one of the most expensive video game consoles to collect for. Would love to hear some other stories of kids who also had the odd pleasure of being team turbo during a time when it was either Sega or Nintendo. (Or in my case since I'm only 22 Nintendo, Xbox, or PlayStation.) And also what kind of impact it has had on you in the long run.
For those wondering, yes I still have the boxes and manuals and even jewel cases. And have even managed to grab a couple more TG-16 games since growing up. I have also become VP of my local Anime club due to my fascination with Japanese culture. And my love for vintage video games (I'v even picked up an MSX2+ computer). Both of which I can credit the TG-16 for planting those seeds.

submitted by /u/SquirrelzillaTheGray
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “General Discussion”