Funny Playing IPS mod problem! I really need some help guys.

[Released: 1998] As suggested by the name, features a color screen. It is slightly thicker and taller than the Game Boy Pocket, which is a redesigned Game Boy released in 1996. As with the original Game Boy, it has an 8-bit processor and the custom Zilog Z80 central processing unit.

/gbColor
Bustin' Moves

Funny Playing IPS mod problem! I really need some help guys.

Post by /gbColor »

Dear Redditors,

I bought the funnyplaying kit IPS screen to mod my Gameboy color, this is the full screen mod. I live in Chile so to get the parts needed I spent like 3 months.
This IPS screen has one small issue, which is that the screen shows a tiny garbage/flicker on the right side border of the screen. The issue nonetheless is fixed if you have a GBC model CPU 04, 05, or 06.
That is why I took so long to finish this project, I could NOT find this model GBC anywhere! After months I finally got a CPU 05 version Gameboy Color!

And yes, the IPS screen finally worked and with no flickering or any issue whatsoever! BUT, I started playing and the screen gives me this after 30 mins or so:
https://imgur.com/a/wJ9CoOA

This occure everytime after 20 or 30 minutes of playing, it is fixed by turning the GBC off and then on again. But it is reoccurring!!

Please help me guys, if anyone knows anything, please share!

submitted by /u/ignaciohidalgo1981
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Game Boy Color Forum”