Having some issues w/ my starfire light gun and need some help!

[Released: 1998] Born out of Sega's darkest hour to decide whether the company stays in the hardware business. Even though it didn't officially last long in the US, it was continued selling in Japan and spawned some great 2D Japanese shooters.

/dreamcast
Corporate

Having some issues w/ my starfire light gun and need some help!

Post by /dreamcast »

So, I'm having some problems with my gun(i think) not calibrating with my tv(playing House of the Dead 2). The tv is an old zenith and is by no mean hd haha. Now the problem I'm having is when i pull the trigger the screen flashes but nothing shows up on the tv. I tested it without calibrating first just to see if it'd work in general. To my dismay nothing was showing up on the tv. The other thing is there is green color bleed going from the top left corner and bleed out about 4 inches in and all the way down. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it or not(i hope not). Now there had been times where it registered the shot on the top left corner but not the bottom right. it has also registered shots when i was not even aiming at the target. I was also wondering if it was the game itself or the dreamcast malfunctioning as there were times the zombies were invisible during the opening scene of the game. I hope I gave enough info and I hope you all can help me out! Thanks in advance for any advice given! Btw, I already tried turning the brightness and contrast all the way up and making sure I was at 4ft away from the tv.

submitted by /u/zombie_guy86
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Dreamcast Forums”