Just finished Lord of Magna about an hour ago and here are my thoughts on it!

[Released: 2011] The 3DS is similar to the DS, but is capable of projecting stereoscopic 3D effects without the use of 3D glasses or additional accessories. A redesigned "XL" version of the console was also released.

/3ds
Corporate

Just finished Lord of Magna about an hour ago and here are my thoughts on it!

Post by /3ds »

I have beaten Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven in about a week and here are my thoughts on it.
The Game-Play is interesting. It's a Simulation / Strategy RPG that features a bowling mechanic where if you get a Combo of 10 or more, that character gets to move again. Each character plays differently to each other and they get stronger by Leveling up, equipping Skill Chips and Passive Buffs and by completing Heart Events. Although to be quite honest, I find the battles to be quite slow, escpecially with the Free Battle Missions (Taking around approximately 20 to 30 minutes to complete). However, I do like it where you can pretty much just knock a lot of enemies into each other. It's quite funny seeing them getting knocked into each other during battle. There is even 3 difficulties that you can change from at anytime you wish. Normal mode is balanced, Easy Mode makes all Enemies have less HP, which makes battles end much sooner and Hard Mode makes certain enemies in the game to do more damage than usual.
The Graphics are decent. It uses Anime Styled Graphics for Cutscenes and Character portraits and also uses Chibi like models for the Characters. The Area's in the game look great as well.
Now the Music, Sound Effects and Voice Acting.
The Music sounds great, though it plays the same songs in many areas during the game except for special areas and such. Sound Effects are good and the English Voice Acting is quite good (A lot better than Code of Princess's English Voice Acting). Though it's only heard during battle and during certain dialogue in cutscenes. I personally liked the Voice Actors that were used for each character in the game and I also like that they sound unique rather than generic.
Though I'm not going to Spoil the Story! I would say that the Story in Lord of Magna is quite interesting and decent.
It's replay value is high since you can 100% the game with multiple playthroughs by choosing different Heart events for each playthrough you do. It's good that they allow you to choose different things as you play. There is even Achievements you can get by completing certain objectives. By the time I finished the game, I got like half of the Achievements. So if you want to go the extra mile by earning all of the Achievements, go ahead! ;)
I would give Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven a 7 out of 10. It does things differently than other RPG's and Strategy Games and it holds its own for its unique mechanics and Voice Acting.
I'm not going to 100% the game because I don't feel like going through the game just to unlock everything else. But anyway. There is my opinion on Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven. Tell me what you think? I know it's a badly written review on a game I played. But I just want to give my opinion across. :)

submitted by /u/MrLink3114
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “3DS Forum”