PS2 DualShock 2 revisions/differences?

[Released: 2000] The PS2 was video game console of all time, selling over 150 million units. More than 3,800 game titles have been released for the PS2 since launch, and more than 1.5 billion copies have been sold.

/playstation2
Corporate

PS2 DualShock 2 revisions/differences?

Post by /playstation2 »

Hey all,
Finally got my PS2 back up and running after it sat for nearly 10 years at my parents house. Couldn’t believe it still worked perfectly considering it’s a launch model and it’s been sat in the attic all this time! One hard drive adaptor and an install of FHDB later and I’m over the moon with the results.
However, I couldn’t find the controller so I managed to get a genuine Sony pad from the local CEX in town. It’s a Rev A pad, so I’m presuming it’ll also be a early controller. What I’m now finding is that the analog sticks feel a hell of a lot taller than I remember them being? Like, I’m struggling controlling Vice City as the extra height is making them extremely sensitive for me.
So I was wondering, over the years did Sony make changes to the analog sticks on these pads? As said above, the sticks on this controller feel a lot higher than I can remember. I last played on a PS2 when I was around 12 years old so my hands can’t have shrunk haha. If this is the case, is there a specific pad I should be looking out for with smaller sticks? Or can I mod in some shorter sticks from something like a x360/PS3 pad?
Cheers guys, and it makes me so happy to see such an active community for the PS2!

submitted by /u/bally199
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “PlayStation 2 Forum”