MS9-29 Astro issues

For all Supergun and Consolized motherboard discussion.

Arcade-Projects
Corporate

MS9-29 Astro issues

Post by Arcade-Projects »

Recently went to help some friends here in NY that bought 2 astro cities from someone here called KC. One cab was untouched cause according to the seller was working well, the second according to him he recapped cause it did have issues. That's all I know about the back story. As far as the Recapped cab goes I went there to look at it cause it had screen issues as soon as they got it. Once I pulled out the chassis I've noticed all the caps were stock and not new, also noticed lot of leaked electrolytic fluid. The bottom of the board was pretty badly from said fluid and the solder mask was peeling all over the place. Next thing I saw was that the the vertical ic had been replaced all all pads were in bad shape. The LA7853 faired worse there were like 5 pulled pads and 3 patched pins with kynar. I pulled the working chassis to verify continuity on all the patched traces on the botched one. After verifying and cleaning and recapping the problem remained so I just told the owner to order another chassis. I will be going there again when it arrives to replace it. Sorry for the long post but I feel bad that these guys were taken like that. I will leave a link to the pictures of the chassis and you guys can judge for yourselves .
imgur.com/gallery/xW7eBYE

More...

Return to “Modified Moderboards”