Ghox Sega Panel

For all Supergun and Consolized motherboard discussion.

Arcade-Projects
Corporate

Ghox Sega Panel

Post by Arcade-Projects »

Got this kit a while back from hyperneogeo, finally got some time to mess with it..

I love breakout type games, and ghox is one of those rare gems, it's 2 player coop ( AND vertical unlike arkanoid returns ) and full of powerups, bosses, etc.
Ghox make us of special "up/down spinners", which allows for the entire shaft to tilt up/down and rotate.

Problem with spinner #1 ... I new I was getting something that needed repairs, but I didn't expect of the spinners to come as an ikea kit without a manual Image That spinners came with 2 knobs ( IIRC I'd given them to hyperneogeo while he was messing with it ). Neither of the knobs were the right height, but it turns out, a genuine taito spinner knob/shaft fit perfectly. I sacrificed a normal spinner from my pile of spares.

problem with spinner #2 - gear slipped, on closer inspection it was missing the retaining nut, because... it was broken Image

Since I didn't really want to sacrifice ANOTHER good spinner, I just modded the gears by cutting down the part with no cogs. This way the screw suck out far enough to put a nut on Image

I really couldn't find any panel artwork that. It must have been sold solely as kits ?? So I inspired myself from the flyer and whipped up something

vectorizing that ghox lettering was a bitch...

Alberto did my prints, and as usual, they were awesome. Unfortunately someone at work threw the box with the artwork in it on accident ... Image Image .. fast forward months later.... replacements arrived ( along with more projects lol )

as usual, matched perfectly with the panel cad file Image

a little paint and m4 studs later

not bad looking result Image

the always super-fun spinner mounting process... Image

More coming soon... Image Image

More...

Return to “Modified Moderboards”