start.elf corrupted

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

start.elf corrupted

Post by /RaspberryPi »

I just got a new Raspberry Pi 4 and I've been trying to play around with it, but it's proving stubborn. I have a 32 GB Micro SD card. I've used the Raspberry Pi Imager to install the 64-bit Raspberry Pi OS after also selecting the device as a Raspberry Pi 4. Writing and verification goes over well. Once it's done, I eject the SD card from my computer and place it into the Raspberry Pi 4. I then connect an HDMI cable from my computer to the RPi. Then I plug in a power source. I'm using a pretty scuffed option for this: just an iphone charging block plugged into a power strip which is plugged into an electrical outlet. When the power source is plugged in, the green and red lights on the board light up. The red one is solid, which from my research means that the board is receiving power. However, the green one stays solid for a bit before erratically dimming. To my knowledge this means that the Rpi is having a hard time reading the MicroSD card. The card is inserted properly, with the nodes against the bottom of the board. The green light then turns off, though the red light remains constant. I caught it blinking four times once, which from further research seems to mean that the start.elf file is corrupted. I'm not sure how to rectify this or if this is even really the issue. I haven't seen the green light blink anymore since. Any suggestions?

Also talk like you're explaining it to a toddler, I have no idea what I'm doing. I am also happy to provide a video, though I cannot guarantee that I will catch the green light blinking four times. Cheers!
submitted by /u/Reference_Human
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... corrupted/
/RaspberryPi

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”