Problems with GDemu crashing mid-game

[Released: 1998] Born out of Sega's darkest hour to decide whether the company stays in the hardware business. Even though it didn't officially last long in the US, it was continued selling in Japan and spawned some great 2D Japanese shooters.

/dreamcast
Corporate

Problems with GDemu crashing mid-game

Post by /dreamcast »

Hey folks,
I've had a GDemu since around 5 years or so (the OG one, don't exactly remember its version), and so far it worked pretty reliably. Until I haven't used it for three years or so, got the Dreamcast out and it GDemu wouldn't start anymore for some reason. I read that others had similar experiences where it would just stop working after a while. I set got a new SD card and set the files up anew and it worked. Until I added another 2, 3 games and it stopped working again. Just the DC options screen, and when I try to start the game, it won't boot into the GDemu Menu.
I got another card, and now it's working again. It's very fragile seeming. Now I got the problem that after about playing about 20-30 minutes, the system crashes back into boot screen, unable to start GDemu again.

Anyone experienced something similar? Might it be a faulty GDemu? I've used a SanDisk 128GB SDXC card (without problems, until I added more games) and now a SanDisk 32GB SADHC card.
submitted by /u/Ekkobelli
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/dreamcast/comm ... g_midgame/
/dreamcast

Return to “Dreamcast Forums”