Personal Discovery: Mr. Driller

[Released: 1998] Born out of Sega's darkest hour to decide whether the company stays in the hardware business. Even though it didn't officially last long in the US, it was continued selling in Japan and spawned some great 2D Japanese shooters.

/dreamcast
Corporate

Personal Discovery: Mr. Driller

Post by /dreamcast »

The older I get, the more I like these kind of puzzle games. I recently discovered Klax, Zoom and Zoop! on the Genesis/MD for myself, which I very much enjoy.
I've always been curious about Mr. Driller on the Dreamcast. I bought it years ago for cheap but never got round to actually giving it a whirl. So a couple of days ago, I did. And it's perfect fun. It reminds me of Chu Chu Rocket in a way - not mechanically, more like the vibe it gives off.
It's perfect pick up and play title and I've been playing it every day after work. It's actually more demanding and less chill than it initially looks, but it's quite flowy.

Very much recommended, if you like these kind of games. It IS on a timer, though, so beware if you prefer your puzzle games to be absolutely chill.
submitted by /u/Ekkobelli
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/dreamcast/comm ... r_driller/
/dreamcast

Return to “Dreamcast Forums”