Looking for retro game suggestions in 2024.

A video game console is an interactive entertainment computer or customized computer system that produces a video display signal which can be used with a display device (a television, monitor, etc.) to display a video game.

/RetroGaming
Bustin' Moves

Looking for retro game suggestions in 2024.

Post by /RetroGaming »

Hey all - Apologies if this has been asked recently but I didn't see it.

Question is as above. Specifically, are there any 8-16 bit games that you would recommend as enjoyable and approachable to someone who has modern tastes?

Example of what I mean: I grew up with the original Legend of Zelda, and it will always have a place in my heart. But the lack of diagonal movement, clunky combat, rudimentary mini-map, and a few other issues mean that it's really just not all that 'fun' (for me) these days unless I am playing it strictly for nostalgia. Compare that with A Link to the Past (only 1 gen / 5 years later) which is nearly a flawless gaming experience in my view.

What, in your opinions, are the best bangers that still hold up from the 8 to 16 bit era? I'm particularly interested in NES games, as I've had trouble finding stuff I can just pick up and enjoy, given the limitations at the time and the (often) punishing difficulty.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/iRob_M
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/retrogaming/co ... s_in_2024/
/RetroGaming

Return to “Other Console Forum”