I did some refurbishing

[Released: 2006] The PS3 was the first console to use Blu-ray Disc as its primary storage medium. In September 2009 the updated PlayStation 3 Slim, was released. A further refined Super Slim design was also released.

/p3
Corporate

I did some refurbishing

Post by /p3 »

I had a broken 2500 series console I bought new in 2011 that was pretty much in pristine condition on the outside, but my working 3000 series console I got cheap was in rough shape, feet missing, scratch on the top, and some small animal had apparently gnawed at the corner by the power button.

So I figured I'd try to fit the working internals into the better looking shell, except there were a few issues, the big one being the fact that the power panels have different ribbon cables, so that doesn't work.

However, I realized you can actually gently remove the 'shiny' top layer and the buttons and glue it back on and the panel itself fits like a charm.

There were an issues with two of the top shell mounting 'pins' being too tall as well but those were easy to just cur down to size, and I had to file down these tiny plastic nubs in front of the disc reader as well to make it sit about a mm lower.

So it took a little bit of fiddling but it all worked out and now I have a great looking, great working PS3 that'll hopefully last a while.
submitted by /u/FaceTransplant
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS3/comments/1 ... urbishing/
/p3

Return to “PlayStation 3 Forum”