The Saboteur (What do you Dislike & Like about this game?)

[Released: 2006] The PS3 was the first console to use Blu-ray Disc as its primary storage medium. In September 2009 the updated PlayStation 3 Slim, was released. A further refined Super Slim design was also released.

/p3
Corporate

The Saboteur (What do you Dislike & Like about this game?)

Post by /p3 »

I’ll start:

Dislike:
  • Cops. (Escaping is way too easy. As soon as you leave the red zone, you escaped. The hiding spots make it a walk in the park. No challenge at all)
  • Climbing downwards. (Most of the time you are trying to get down to the street level, and your character just free falls. I can’t climb down by pressing O, I have to go over the ledge like in Uncharted. This is something they should’ve thought about as the player uses this to escape)

Like:
  • Story. (Masterpiece. Dialogues between missions make you feel immersed. “Jesus, this place smells worse than an old sausage!” The whole Nazì invading France theme is phenomenal. Side missions have their own storyline and it’s amazing. The suspence on each mission makes you feel in the moment all the time. Open world just adds to the glory)
  • Gameplay. (Very good. Controls are awesome and intuitive. The map tells you everything you need to know. Shops, garage, objectives, all accessible without any puzzles. Driving is great. You can ram people or steal their car like in GTA. Different costumes for different occasions, stealing uniforms to merge with the baddies is great. Stealth is a thing, if you know how to do it, it takes a while to adapt)
  • Sound. (Great surround sound. You can hear everything down to minute details. Characters accents change from person to person, the attention to detail is mind blowing. The music fits perfectly into the Saboteur universe. The cursing, the insults, arrogance, they really made a wonderful game)
  • Visuals. (Impressive for 2009. Love the black and white aesthetic. The nudity, world design, details, graphics are awesome for that year, incredible even. Explosions feel like real life, there’s the big ball of fire followed by the smoke. Cars exhaust emits black smoke while tires white. The coloured theme when you clear the city gives you a different perspective on how the world develops)
  • World design. (Open world for such a game is mind blowing. Everything feels alive, the city, people, sounds and so on. Driving around just adds to the greatness. You can see the German police arresting people for no reason, women flirting, people exiting buildings, I could go on and on)
  • Traversal. (Climbing almost every building is incredible. The whole city is at the tip of your hands. Different cars, from standard to race cars to freaking tanks. Zip-lines, hiding spots, god, this game is incredible)
  • Combat. (Fighting with your bare hands, stealth kills, exploding folks, shooting different weapons, using tanks, rocket launchers, pick your poison. Sneaking with stealth or going full on commando. The variety in how different players choose to behave has a lot of replay-ability and I love it)
  • Upgrade mechanic. (Perks, auto, weapon, stats upgrades, everything develops as you progress through the story. Love the junk cars at the start, even the tires aren’t adjusted. Again, the attention to detail is spectacular)
  • Women. (Everything is in the right place. You know what I mean, it’s f***ing flabbergasting. The little dialogues between them, the cutscenes, the images, posters, I could go on but you have to experience the game yourself to understand what I’m on about)

“Is it over? No, I’m just getting started!” 🔥

This game reminds me of Just cause, GTA, Assassin’s Creed, RDR, Uncharted, Infamous, Need for Speed and Mafia 2 all at the same time. What an experience. It’s an one of a kind game!
submitted by /u/NoClerk5520
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS3/comments/1 ... bout_this/
/p3

Return to “PlayStation 3 Forum”