Monitor Q&A • Taito Canary playing blind

Discuss the cartridge based & JAMMA compatible systems.

ArcadeOtaku
Bustin' Moves

Monitor Q&A • Taito Canary playing blind

Post by ArcadeOtaku »

Well over 3 years later and here we are, unfortunately still not working which is frustrating when I was sent a video of it working (defo the same one in vid) But at least there's life...

I finally get round to putting this all back together, I double check everything, fire the switch, and it's another frigging high pitched noise (at least not the previous buzz as before I guess) With the game playing sounds at me, great

Anyway the sound seemed to be localised (always hard to tell with a high pitched shriek) Around the flyback, with @cools advice on another thread to give things tap I gave the metal shroud near it (pictured below) A knock and much to my amazement the shriek stopped and I could hear it fire up

Unfortunately the image was a mess rolling all over the shop, but the colours all seem to be correct and it looks bright and clear,

I tried to dial it in blind (chassis was facing rear in a temporary position) But it doesn't seem to want to sync, I gave it another tap and it started to infrequently just show a single white line as below, vertical collapse I believe,

It was getting late and I've had to power down and stick it all away again for a bit but hopefully a plan of action can be drawn up, hopefully it's just something loose!

Source: https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic ... 39#p566739
ArcadeOtaku

Return to “General Discussion”