[Error] RPi5 - Samba broken pipe

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

[Error] RPi5 - Samba broken pipe

Post by /RaspberryPi »

Hello,

I have an issue with my RPi5 and the latest raspbian.

I want to use it as a media server/player, pretty much what i've done with my rpi3.

I have attached a 3TB hdd (ntfs file system) and using samba i've shared it locally. The hdd is mounted during boot with fstab just like with the rpi3.

Unfortunately i have stumbled upon an issue and i can't find any solutions.

Whenever i delete a file through my phone (Android, Root Explorer but also tested with Mixplorer) i get a "Delete Failed" error but the file is actually deleted. I can copy / move / rename files without issues.

After the error if i try to access a folder or go to a previous folder i get the following errors.

"Failed to list network files - j has already been closed"

"Failed to list network files - e2.f: java.net.SocketException : Broken pipe"

If i use the rpi3 with the hdd i don't have any errors when i delete files. I even copied the smb.conf file in case there is something wrong with mine but the issue persists.

I've tried a clean install and even installed ubuntu 23.10 but nothing has changed. :/

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance.
submitted by /u/Er3dhion
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... oken_pipe/
/RaspberryPi

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”