Which patches ruin their games?

[Released: 2006] The PS3 was the first console to use Blu-ray Disc as its primary storage medium. In September 2009 the updated PlayStation 3 Slim, was released. A further refined Super Slim design was also released.

/p3
Corporate

Which patches ruin their games?

Post by /p3 »

I wanted to make sure I got all patches & DLC for the games I own, but apparently, the GTA4 patch removes tons of stuff, on top of patching the "swingset of death." I was willing to let go of the swingset, but the loss of the songs on top of that is making me consider uninstalling & just using the base game for that one, trophies be damned. Not sure if Episode from liberty City needs to be undone, too- if it'll just piggyback off of that game's data & the game will be "patched" anyway.

Made me want to ask if anyone thinks the patches for any other PS3 games make the game worse than just base game & ought to be left alone?

EDIT: Was the song removal patch only done on digital only versions of the game? Do they do that- give different downloads depending on if you have a digital game or a physical disc?
submitted by /u/SelectionFar8145
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS3/comments/1 ... eir_games/
/p3

Return to “PlayStation 3 Forum”