Raw Thrills Releases T-Rex Safari VR Adventure To Arcades

Bringing the arcade home. Forum for arcade owners.

Arcade Heroes
Bustin' Moves

Raw Thrills Releases T-Rex Safari VR Adventure To Arcades

Post by Arcade Heroes »

Happy Groundhog Day – while this story about a T-Rex Safari has nothing to do with groundhogs, seeing this in my inbox was as surprising as that critter seeing its shadow today(although I guess it didn’t…I don’t really pay attention to it). We first reported on this Raw Thrills game getting some location testing last May, but since it did not appear at any recent event like IAAPA or EAG, the fact that it technically started shipping last month was quite unexpected. Let’s dive in:
T-Rex Safari VR Adventure Cabinet
Hardware first, as that’s what players will see when they come across this in an FEC. You’ll notice that it uses the same kind of design as King Kong of Skull Island, but sporting some different artwork. It still uses the HP Reverb 2 for the headset (with protective armor), a 43″ and a 55″ 4K monitor on the back, motion seats, wind effects, and gesture sensors. It is NOT available in kit form, just dedicated.

The Software
T-Rex comes with four levels, where players get to “go back in time to feed, pet and ride prehistoric dinosaurs in this thrilling VR adventure. Fly through the sky and soar on a Quetzalcoatlus, dive into the deep ocean to swim with a Mosasaurus, and race alongside a ravenous T-Rex in the jungle!” It includes a mixture of action items (swatting at attacking creatures or falling objects) and “whimsical scripted interactive events” such as “feeding dinosaurs, hatching dinosaur eggs, holding baby dinosaurs, and playing with turtles.”

The four levels are: Escape T-Rex; Deep Dive; Soaring Safari; Murky Marsh. They last about 3 1/2 minutes each.

In this sense it sounds more edutainment than we’ve been accustomed to seeing from Raw Thrills, but perhaps they are also aiming it at dinosaur museums…there are a few here in Utah where this would fit right in.

I don’t have a price on it yet but it is currently listed on Betson’s website; I presume that it will be popping up on other distributor sites here soon.

What do you think about this one?

The post Raw Thrills Releases T-Rex Safari VR Adventure To Arcades appeared first on Arcade Heroes.

Source: https://arcadeheroes.com/2024/02/02/raw ... o-arcades/
Arcade Heroes

Return to “Arcade & Candy Cabinets”