Three 4K60 monitors: will it work?

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Three 4K60 monitors: will it work?

Post by /RaspberryPi »

I'm currently designing an office stand consisting of three screens. One of the key requirements is support for 4K 60 fps mode: animated corporate graphics will be displayed on the screens, and the image must be both clear and smooth.

To control and synchronize monitors, we plan to use an external controller - in particular, Raspberry, due to the compactness and budget of the solution.

My understanding after some googling is that the Raspberry can support two 4K monitors when connected via the existing HDMI ports - and that it can also connect a third monitor via DSI/DPI. At the same time, I was unable to find a detailed description of such assemblies, including those with such a heavy load.

Is such a system capable of three 4K60s at once? If so, what is the likelihood that a simple image/video switching program will create a critical load that could compromise the stability of the system? If not, what alternative and, again, cost-effective solutions can be considered in this situation?
submitted by /u/ektguy
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... l_it_work/
/RaspberryPi

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”