Cannot change eeeprom config to boot from nvme

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Cannot change eeeprom config to boot from nvme

Post by /RaspberryPi »

I have a new pi 5 with 4 gb ram, fully updated, that I want to boot and run from a patriot 512 gb m2 nvme ssd. Following the instructions from the explaining computers website, I've gotten to the point where the pi sees the nvme drive using the lsblk command in the terminal window. The eeprom-config file shows the boot order as 0xf41. When I try to edit the eeprom to use boot order 0xf416 using sudo rpi-eeprom-config --edit command, however, I keep getting the following error: rpi-eeprom-update -b timeout. I even tried changing the boot order in raspi-config to boot from nvme. It says that the default boot device is now the nvme, but when rebooting, it still boots from the microsd card, and the boot order in eeprom-config still shows 0xf41. Any ideas on what I am missing?
submitted by /u/retiredfromteaching
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... from_nvme/
/RaspberryPi

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”