Sunkissed City is an urban life sim with shades of Stardew Valley

Talk all random video game discussion here.

Destructoid
Corporate

Sunkissed City is an urban life sim with shades of Stardew Valley

Post by Destructoid »

Mr. Podunkian revealed the Steam store page for their upcoming city life simulator, Sunkissed City, which is coming to PC sometime in late 2024.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like the handheld version of The Urbz. Nor does it look like the console version of The Urbz. It looks more like Stardew Valley, which makes sense because Mr. Podunkian previously worked at Stardew Valley developer Concerned Ape. If you liked Stardew Valley, but felt like it needed more concrete, then this might be for you.

In Sunkissed City, you don’t actually live in a place called “Sunkissed City.” It’s Apollo City, which is similar. There you take care of DIY gardens, get to know the locals, and try to solve the mystery of why everyone has been feeling crappy. There’s even fishing, which I think is maybe a law for developing these sorts of games. You can also play co-op with friends if you're that sort of person.

I’m liking the looks of Sunkissed City. I like farming sims, but having grown up in a rural area, I prefer being an urban dweller because food is closer, and I don’t drive. While I’m still waiting for someone to adapt the gentle mix of adventure game and life simulator found in the handheld versions of The Urbz, that’s a different matter. For now, I’ll just be happy if I’m able to space out at the magazine rack at the 7/11 around midnight.

Sunkissed City is currently targeting a release at the end of 2024.

The post Sunkissed City is an urban life sim with shades of Stardew Valley appeared first on Destructoid.

Source: https://www.destructoid.com/sunkissed-c ... dew-valley
Destructoid

Return to “General Discussion”