Sam Barlow and Half Mermaid tease some mysterious new projects

Talk all random video game discussion here.

Destructoid
Corporate

Sam Barlow and Half Mermaid tease some mysterious new projects

Post by Destructoid »

The team behind 2022's excellent movie-mystery Immortality is back with not one, but two new projects. Sam Barlow and Half Mermaid have stealthily launched Steam pages for Project C and Project D.

Both projects contain heavy redactions in their page descriptions and info, much like how Immortality was called "Project Ambrosio." Barlow responded to the teasers getting spotted by accounts like Wario64, though we don't have much more to go on now besides the pages themselves.

Project C is the new cinematic... something from Barlow and Half Mermaid, his studio that's produced both Telling Lies and Immortality. (Barlow's previous Her Story lists him as the sole developer and publisher.) You will appear to do something for the first time ever in a video game, for what that's worth.

Meanwhile, Project D is a survival horror game from the Half Mermaid crew. Keywords include "nurse," "1983," "nightmare," and "be careful." Seems like something worth paying attention to for Silent Hill fans, at the least.

Life preserved in the pictures

Alongside this news, Barlow and co. also confirmed a partnership with Lost in Cult for a new Design Works book about the making of Immortality. All that, plus Immortality hitting PlayStation today, makes for a big news day for the Half Mermaid team.

It's interesting to see the Half Mermaid crew tackle two projects, and tease them out at the same time. Immortality was an absolutely captivating game that easily stole a spot in my end-of-year favorites, so I'm keen to see what's next for them. Both a cinematic work and a survival horror effort makes me curious, though. We really only have a few screenshots and scattered text to go on, though. It's good fodder for all the House of Leaves fans, I guess.

We'll learn more about Project C and D soon, hopefully. In the mean time, play Immortality if you haven't, preferably with the lights off and sitting too close to the monitor.

The post Sam Barlow and Half Mermaid tease some mysterious new projects appeared first on Destructoid.

Source: https://www.destructoid.com/sam-barlow- ... w-projects
Destructoid

Return to “General Discussion”